Sunday, July 18, 2010

"Aunt Michelle"














"Aunt Michelle! Aunt Michelle! Aunt Michelle!..."
This is what I hear Spencer chanting
in the background
as I talk to her mother on the phone.
Her mother sternly assures her that her chanting,
in no way,
helps the car to get to 'Aunt Michelle's' house faster.
I smile.
I mean, after all,
she's chanting my name.
Who wouldn't love THAT???
I LOVE to play my position as "Aunt Michelle."
I love to love my best friends' kids.
I love that they love me.
And I love every time I see how much they love her (more).
She earned it, after all....
(You would understand if you saw pictures of her pregnant with the twins).
And while I stand on the inside of the house,
Watching them watch her,
I think...
For once,
2nd best is not so bad.
(Love you, Kate, Spencer, Carter, and Davis. <3 Aunt Michelle)

No comments:

Post a Comment